I’m Thi, a Vietnamese guy who has a curious mind. As an never-stop-learning mathematician, I am interested in researching and sharing contents about applied maths with its applications, computer science and software tools which are helpful to human life. I have a Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics at University Paris 13, France.
After my Ph.D., I am currently learning by myself Data Science. I use this website and this one to document everything I learned while going through the process of learning and working in this field. I also like to write about intuitive maths. I’m an admin of Math2IT, a Vietnamese community about maths, education, and technology.
Data Science note taking
I’ve started to learn to be a data engineer / data scientist from the field of numerical analysis (my Github repository).
- I’m following certificated Data Scientist path on Dataquest — notes & codes on Github.
- I’m following Deep Learning specialization given by deeplearning.ai on Coursera — notes & codes on Github.
- certificated IBM Data Professional Certificate on Coursera (9 courses).
- I’m following 202+ badges Data Science path on Codecademy (my account).
- certificated Learn Python 3 on Codecademy.
- certificated Learn SQL on Codecademy.
- certificated Introduction to Stats with Numpy on Codecademy.
- certificated I’ve finished the Machine Learning course on Coursera taught by Andrew Ng.
Web Development note taking
I’ve totally learned by myself, created website Math2IT and designed some websites.
- Create notedown, a web-based markdown editor for note taking.
- Create note.dinhanhthi.com, a jekyll theme specialized for note taking.
- 2018 - today — Following Web Development path on Codecademy & keep designing some templates.
- 2018 — I learned to write a Wordpress theme from screatch and created math2itwp which is a beautiful Wordpress theme.
- 2014 - 2017 — I started to learn Jekyll and how to create a static website. I created NoteTheme (a theme for note taking purposes) and TaniaJekyll (a beautiful personal theme).
- 2013 - 2014 — I created Math2IT under Blogger platform and was building up my knowledge about web development.
- 2012 — Self-studying about Web-development (HTML, CSS, DOM, JS, PHP & MySQL, HTTP Live Streaming)
I have learned math since the beginning of my study life and keep writing about math under an intuitive way.
- 2018 - today — I keep studying about maths, especially about its application in life. I write about it on Math2IT (in Vietnamese) under an accessible and intuitive way so that Vietnamese people no longer see maths as useless.
- 2014 - 2018 — Ph.D. researcher in applied maths at LAGA, University Paris 13.
- 2012 - 2014 — I learned different applied maths topics in France-Vietnam master 2.
- 2008 - 2012 — I learned to be a maths teacher at Ho Chi Minh City University of Pedagofy.
- 2005 - 2008 — I learned advanced maths at Ben Tre high school which is a school for gifted students.
I researched on the growth of biofilm by using Finite Element Method, Level Set Method and some other numerical ones for an interface problem. For the implementation and simulation, I first used FreeFem++ and later developed by myself the NXFEM, a Matlab toolbox.
- 3 presentations about biofilm growth model & numrical methods & application of FreeFem++.
- 6 conferences about biofilm & biology & numerical methods.
- 1 additional project proposed by IFPEN in 11th Semaine d’Étude Maths-Entreprises (SEME).
- Call for a coffee talk in Paris, France.
- I’m always available to discuss at email@example.com.